PARTNERS IN COMPASSION
The Nanaimo Bhaktapur Hospice Palliative Care Twinning Project
MISSION: The hospice palliative care communities of Nanaimo and Bhaktapur have come together in friendship to encourage the sharing of resources and to learn from each others experiences and cultures in a way that enhances the provision of compassionate comfort and care to the dying and their families.
VISION: A heart as big as the world.
- We believe that each culture is unique and should be approached with respect and humility.
- We believe that death is a natural part of life’s journey and that everyone deserves compassion and comfort at the end of life.
- We believe that each person is unique and deserves to be treated with dignity, respect and understanding.
- We believe that the dying individual, their family and friends should be given quality care and support to meet their physical, emotional and spiritual needs on their own terms.
- We believe that learning is an important part of life’s journey and provides the key to knowledge, understanding and growth.
- We believe in the strength of community.